Aunt - Uncle DNA Test
An avuncular test is done to determine if a child is biologically related to a sibling of the alleged father, (Aunt or Uncle). This test is a good option when there are no samples for a deceased AF or he is unwilling to test and the only relative available is a single sibling, brother or sister of the AF.
- The report will indicate the probability of relatedness and a liklihood ratio similar to a reconstruction report. Refer to the relationship page.
- The limitation of this test is that an uncle/aunt shares only 25% of their DNA with a nephew/niece. Since DNA is randomly inherited from our parents, siblings may or may not share significant amounts of DNA from their parents.
- We strongly encourage the mother to participate so we can account for one half of the child's genetic material and provide a more precise result.
- Inquire if other siblings of the alleged parent are available for testing. This will result in a reconstruction and the potential to more accurately ascertain the alleged relationship.
- In scenarios with limited relatives to test investigate the possibility of utilizing Y-STR, X-STR or Mt-DNA testing as well.
For a free consultation or to order a DNA test, please call Today (866) 873-0879. One of our experienced DNA experts will guide you through the testing process.