Hepatitis B Surface Antigen with Reflex Confirmation
The main uses for HBV tests include:
- To determine whether acute signs and symptoms are due to HBV infection; two tests, hepatitis B surface Ag and hepatitis B core antibody IgM, may be performed as part of an acute viral hepatitis panel along with tests for hepatitis A (HAV) and hepatitis C (HCV) to determine which virus may be causing the infection.
- To diagnose chronic HBV hepatitis
- To monitor chronic hepatitis B infection and its treatment
- To detect previous exposure to hepatitis B, in a person who is immune compromised (when the virus can become reactivated)
- Immunoassay (IA)
- Results obtained from immunosuppressed patients should be interpreted with caution. Patients receiving mouse antibody therapy may produce false-negative results.
- Australian Antigen,HBsAg,Auszyme