Print your lab order to bring with you to the lab. Or we can fax it to the lab for you.
Visit the lab you selected at your convenience. No appointment needed.
Sign in at the reception desk and confirm your information. Don't show your insurance card.
Give a blood and/or urine sample depending on the tests you ordered.
- Find your lab. We partner exclusively with LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics. Choose the lab that's most convenient for you (there are more than 4,000 nationwide).
- Plan your visit. No appointment is needed but you might want to visit the lab in the afternoon when it's not as busy. Tests take between 15 – 30 minutes. Just make sure you arrive at the lab at least 30 minutes before closing time.
- Print your lab order from your secure, online account. If you can't print it, let us know. We'll fax your order to the lab where you'll be tested. If you'd like to change from one lab company to another, we can help. Just call us.
- Bring your lab order and our phone number: (866) 873-0879
- Drink plenty of water and eat if you're hungry. None of our STD tests require fasting. You'll simply need to provide a blood and/or urine sample depending on the tests you take. Staying well hydrated can make your blood draw easier and help you urinate upon request.
- Sign in at the reception desk. Many labs have two different sign in sheets – one for drug testing and one for all other tests. If you are asked why you are at the lab, tell the receptionist you are there for diagnostic testing/lab work. You do not need to tell them what kind of tests you are taking.
- Confirm your information when asked. Please make sure that the name and birth date you provide at the lab is the same that you gave us when you ordered your tests. Mismatched information may result in delays.
- Pay (only if you live in New York, New Jersey or Rhode Island). Most labs accept major credit or debit cards, or cash. Do not show or use your insurance card and do not fill out any forms or paperwork at the lab. If you are asked to pay a different amount than we told you, show them the bottom of the lab order where the negotiated rate is listed. If there are further problems, please call us at .
- Give your samples as directed by a lab technician. Blood draws are conducted with the door open as per each lab's policy. This is a common practice and does not violate any medical privacy or HIPAA regulations. You will be escorted to a restroom and left in privacy to collect a urine sample in a cup provided to you. Give the sample to the lab technician and they will transfer it into special transport vials used for specific tests.
- Your privacy is important to us and we take it seriously. Our labs screen for a variety of conditions unrelated to STDs. When you visit the lab, no one in the waiting room will know why you are there.
- It is possible that the lab will ask you to show your ID. This is simply to verify they are testing the correct individual. Do not show your insurance card – this could create billing confusion.
- If you feel that your privacy is compromised in any way at our lab, please call a Care Advisor immediately at .
- ...I'm not in the lab's computer system?
If you are at Quest Diagnostics, please confirm the fax number, and we will fax the order in for you. We generally process the order in Quest Diagnostics System when you place the order. Again, just give us a call if you have any issues.
- ...I'm asked to fill out additional paperwork?
Do not fill out any paperwork — it's not required. If you are asked to do so, please a Care Advisor at (866) 873-0879